]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BRDBRAIN Home

BRDBRAIN  January 2018

BRDBRAIN January 2018

LOGGERHEAD KINGBIRD Continues - Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, Miami-Dade County - 1/1/2018

Mark McShane <[log in to unmask]>

Mark McShane <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 1 Jan 2018 12:20:13 -0500

text/plain

Hi All,

A quick note as Trey McCuen and I head north this morning after a successful LOGGERHEAD KINGBIRD chase which started on New Year's Eve in metro Atlanta.

To make a quick story of it 10-20 birders gathered this morning to look for the kingbird.  After trying for a good while without success, some exchanged phone numbers and fanned out along the nature trail.  It wasn't but a few minutes and the bird was found, calls were made, and I think just about everyone got to see and hear the bird!  What a fantastic way to start a new birding year!

The eBird checklist with times, location, and more details:

Happy New Year and Good Birding All!

Mark

Mark McShane
Lawrenceville, Gwinnett County, Georgia