Good Afternoon Bird Folks;

I've been having a grand time hitting my county (Lee) and participating in the June Challenge - I've tallied 94 so far and if these babies are countable, that would make 95.  My problem is that I can't find them in any of my books, nor has the internet been helpful. The duck in question looks like a goose but the bill is yellow and shaped like a duck bill. It was in a big "family" group of 12 or so and nearby in the pond were wigeon, mallard and mottled ducks. Could someone shed some light on this? One of my bird friend thinks that it might be a type of domestic mallard.....if this is the case, does that mean that it can't be recorded in E-bird?

A few photos are posted on my blog www.birdstring.blogspot.com
Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.
France Paulsen
Sanibel, Florida
To subscribe, unsubscribe or view archives of the brdbrain listserv list, please visit us on the web at: http://listserv.admin.usf.edu/archives/brdbrain.html To set to no mail send a message: SET BRDBRAIN NOMAIL to [log in to unmask] To reinstate mail service after NOMAIL send a message: SET BRDBRAIN MAIL to [log in to unmask] Report any problems to the listserv administrator: [log in to unmask] ____________________________________________________________________________