Hello,

Thanks, Renee, for posting that link.  I really hope birders do this.  Jerry Gibson wrote me in private with the link also and I told him I had the link and had already submitted it.

Birders, this does good, something we sometimes feel is just an exercise, but the FWC could well have been the organization that was aware of the these Kestrels and used their pull to leave the wooden poles there among the sea of metal poles as they were replaced.  Regardless, they have people that work to help wildlife--it isn't all just law enforcement, etc.

The FWC also has a page to report sightings of the three rare snakes, the Florida Pine, the Southern Hognose and the Short-tailed.  I was thrilled to get a good photos and a long sighting of a Florida Pine snake last year.

Rare snake Registry:

https://public.myfwc.com/fwri/raresnakes/UserHome.aspx?id=

Rare bird Registry:

https://public.myfwc.com/FWRI/RareUpland/UserHome.aspx