Hi BirdBrains,

We drove Apopka WD today, just looking for anything new or interesting.  We arrived a bit late, at 9:30, and drove it 2X so we could cover the entire ride.  Interesting finds were a FOS Sora along the canal to the right as you approach the parking area at pumphouse (and another birder found 3 more together along the last stretch where al the Common Gallinules hang out).  Also new were 2 FOS Gray Catbirds feeding on some Beautyberry, 4 Blue-winged Teal, 3 Fulvous Whistling Ducks in flight, 1 female Wood Duck.  There was a surprising lack of raptors, other than Red-shouldered Hawks (several) and 1 Red-tailed Hawk.

Good Birding!
Joyce Stefancic
Clermont, Fl