Hi, all.

Inspired by Ken Tracey's report form yesterday, I checked the weather
and the Cornell radar overnight and conditions looked pretty good for a
repeat this morning. I went to Green Key (Robert K. Rees park, Pasco
County) at 6:45 AM in hopes that lightning may strike twice. It did- and
how.

Even before the sun rose over the mangroves, I could see a steady stream
of warblers heading east up Green Key Road. When I parked and got out I
was treated to a non-stop flow of warblers that lasted about 90 minutes.
They were still coming in when I left, although it was down to a
trickle. It's been a very long time since I've seen a flow of warblers
like this, and it sure was quite a treat. Two other birders present and
I enjoyed several hundred warblers alone during the flurry. Once the sun
got high enough in the sky we were able to begin ID'ing them more easily
as they passed by just overhead, or stopped briefly in the mangroves all
around us. A great morning of birding in anyone's book- but especially
for Pasco County.

A link to my eBird report here:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45172956

Great Birding-

Vince Capp

Bayonet Point, FL

On 5/1/2018 9:30 AM, Ken Tracey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> From 6:45am till 7:45am this morning a good flow of warblers flew past
> the Green key causeway (Funnel) due to the east winds.
>
> A Total *580* were counted with 125 identified, of 13 species;
>
> 24 Blackpoll
> 24 American redstart
> 20 Ovenbird
> 14 Black-and-white
> 12 Black-throated Blue
> 11 Northern Parula
> 8 Common Yellowthroat
> 4 Northern Waterthrush
> 3 Palm
> 2 Cape May
> 1 Prairie
> 1 Prothonotary
> 1 Yellow
>
> Also found numerous warblers feeding in the mangroves throughout the
> peninsula.
>
> Other migrants included 6 + flights of Boboloinks, 13 Gray catbirds,
> and 12 Barn swallows.
>
> Ken Tracey
> New Port Richey
>

> To subscribe, unsubscribe or view archives of the brdbrain listserv
> list, please visit us on the web at:
> http://listserv.usf.edu/archives/brdbrain.html To set to no mail send
> a message: SET BRDBRAIN NOMAIL to [log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]> To reinstate mail service after
> NOMAIL send a message: SET BRDBRAIN MAIL to [log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]> Report any problems to the listserv
> administrator: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

---