Hi, all.

Inspired by Ken Tracey's report form yesterday, I checked the weather and the Cornell radar overnight and conditions looked pretty good for a repeat this morning. I went to Green Key (Robert K. Rees park, Pasco County) at 6:45 AM in hopes that lightning may strike twice. It did- and how.

Even before the sun rose over the mangroves, I could see a steady stream of warblers heading east up Green Key Road. When I parked and got out I was treated to a non-stop flow of warblers that lasted about 90 minutes. They were still coming in when I left, although it was down to a trickle. It's been a very long time since I've seen a flow of warblers like this, and it sure was quite a treat. Two other birders present and I enjoyed several hundred warblers alone during the flurry. Once the sun got high enough in the sky we were able to begin ID'ing them more easily as they passed by just overhead, or stopped briefly in the mangroves all around us. A great morning of birding in anyone's book- but especially for Pasco County.

A link to my eBird report here:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45172956

Great Birding-

Vince Capp