I have this guy/gal as a Semipalmated Sandpiper. It was hanging out with a Ruddy Turnstone in breeding plumage near the Nature Coast Biological Station on Cedar Key.

Yes?

Other birds for the day include a bunch of Magnificent Frigate birds dive-bombing some people in a small boat who were net fishing, from the looks of it; several dozen Least Sandpipers buzzing the fishing pier; a long Caspian Tern among a group of Royals.

Earlier in the day I was in part of the Lower Suwannee RiverĀ  National Wildlife Refuge (Shell Mound, mainly) and had a light morning of birding with several Carolina Chickadees, some Great Crested Flycatchers, a few Willets, and several Clapper Rails by the fishing pier.

Fun day.

Christopher Ferro
Melbourne/Brevard County
lonelybirder.org
To subscribe, unsubscribe or view archives of the brdbrain listserv list, please visit us on the web at: http://listserv.usf.edu/archives/brdbrain.html To set to no mail send a message: SET BRDBRAIN NOMAIL to [log in to unmask] To reinstate mail service after NOMAIL send a message: SET BRDBRAIN MAIL to [log in to unmask] Report any problems to the listserv administrator: [log in to unmask] ____________________________________________________________________________